Wednesday 5 October 2011

Aishwarya Rai is really beautiful: Hugh Jackman

In an exclusive interview,  Hollywood superstar Hugh Jackman speaks about his next film and the Indian film he really liked - My Name is Khan. 

Hugh Jackman

Hollywood superstar Hugh Jackman is a popular name in India as well, esp. for his Wolverine act in the X-Men series. His upcoming film Real Steel releases this Friday in India, simultaneously with its global release. In an exclusive interview to Gaurav Malani , Hugh speaks about his next film Real Steeland his view on India and Indian films. 

Are you aware that both Hugh Jackman and Wolverine enjoy a massive fan-following in India? 
Well, if that's true then I am really happy. I hope I get all the love and support for Real Steel as well. 
  
Talking about 'Real Steel', does it have the popular 'man v/s machine' theme? 
It revolves around the concept, where machines have taken over the boxing ring replacing human. So, it is a kind of Man v/s machine but it has a different take to it. 
  
What would you say is the USP of the film - boxing robots or the father-son bonding? 
I'd say both. It's a proper mix of both and that's its USP. 
  
Dakota Goyo (who plays the son in Real Steel ) has been winning rave reviews. What do you have to say about the young talent? 
He is a very talented young lad and I am proud of his work. He deserves the appreciation he is getting. 
  
How heavy-duty is the action in the film and can kids watch it? 
Certainly kids can watch the film. My kids are going to watch it. There is no blood shed so it's a safe watch for the entire family. 
  
Did you ever try your hands at boxing before this film? How good are you at the sport? 
I have always been a crazy supporter of sports especially boxing but I never got an opportunity to try my hand at boxing as much as I got in Real Steel 
  
Is a sequel to Real Steel in the offing? 
That question goes for Steven Spielberg
  
Real Steel releases simultaneously in India with its US release. How important is the 
Indian market for any Hollywood film today? 
It has become extremely important in today's date. The growing success of Hollywood films in India proves that there is a huge demand for Hollywood films. 
  
How was your experience the last time you came to India during FICCI in March 2011? 
It was wonderful, had a great time. People over there are so warm and humble. They made me feel at home. 
  
How was your interaction with Shah Rukh Khan and Vidya Balan? 
They both are amazing human beings. Extremely warm and humble. 
  
Other than Shah Rukh Khan, any Indian actor that you can recollect at the back of your mind? 
I met Aishwarya Rai also. She is really beautiful. 
  
Have you seen any Indian films? What do you think about them? 
I have seen My Name is Khan  and I quite liked it. 
  
Given a chance, would you like to work in any Indian film? 
  It would be my pleasure 
  
When do we see you in India again? 
I hope soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment