Friday 11 November 2011

I feel like laughing at Swami Agnivesh: Sara Khan


I feel like laughing at Swami Agnivesh: Sara Khan

Remember Sara Khan who courted a lot of controversy while being in the Bigg Boss house during season four? 

The actor, who has been shooting for a serial titled " Ram Milaayi Jodi", has now done an item number for Reshmi Mitra's Bengali film titled "Macho Mustafa".

Says Reshmi, "We shot in Hyderabad for a week with Sara. Contrary to other item girls, Sara has a very different look. For my film, I didn't want someone who is loud. Sara has expressive and bright eyes and is blessed with an innocent face. Of course, Sara's popularity in "BB" definitely influenced us to cast her. The song, composed by Samidh Mukherjee and sung by Kalpana, has been choreographed by Pradip Antony. Pradip is very big down South. Apart from Sara, the scene also has Arun Banerjee and Hiran." Meanwhile, Sara who returned to Mumbai on Thursday after shooting this song, is happy with the experience. "It's a solo number and I really enjoyed my experience of shooting it. Bengali is a sweet language and though I didn't understand Bengali, I could still get the meaning of the song. In future, if good offers come my way, I am ready to do Bengali movies as well," Sara says.

While shooting for her serial is keeping Sara busy, she is aware of what's happening in the Bigg Boss house now. She is amused with the claims of Swami Agnivesh wanting to make the contestants aware of the "pathetic condition" of the girl child in society, how many girl children are killed in the womb and how many women are burnt alive in the name of sati. "I am a blunt person. Please give us a break. If Swami Agnivesh really wants to preach such stuff, he should do it outside the house. Do you think the contestants are there in the house to listen and conduct themselves according to him? We might be watching an idiot box but we are no idiots to believe all this. I just feel like laughing when I listen to all this that this Swami is saying. And why should he be allowed to stay in a separate room? Isn't everyone supposed to be equal inside the House?" Sara says.

So, will she admit that a reality show like "BB" is scripted? "No," Sara insists, adding, "Nothing is scripted. I can vouch for that. It's people inside who make it seem like that."

Finally, is Sara still in touch with Ashmit Patel? "Ashmit is like my brother. We try and catch up once in a month." Does she know about Veena Malik shooting a swayamvar show? "I am not in touch with her. But I have nothing bad against her." And Ali Merchant, with whom she had got married on "BB" house and subsequently separated from? "No, I am not in touch with him. The whole world knows about it and I don't entertain any questions on him," she concludes.

No comments:

Post a Comment